House Moving Tips
We all know that moving can be a stressful time, please view our handy moving tips to help you make the whole process a little easier.
- Always use a company that has the correct insurance. If you don’t then there would be no way to re-coup your
losses on any potentially damaged goods.
- Don’t leave everything to the last minute, make sure to plan ahead.
- Start with rooms that you use the least.
- Set aside your fragile items and bubble wrap them. Mark these boxes as fragile.
- Don’t overload your boxes, ensure that they are all under 30 pounds.
- Pack rooms down into the same boxes and make sure they are correctly labelled.
- Have a clear out, take some time to get rid of any unwanted items.
- Dispose of hazardous materials or ensure that they are packed correctly and in an individual boxes.
- Pack an essential box or overnight bag so you have your necessary items on hand when you move in.
- Always pack heavier items in small boxes and light items in larger boxes.
- Contact your utilities companies, banks, doctors or anybody who needs to know your changing address.
- Get your mail redirected.